About caf canada
CAF Canada enables Canadians to make a difference anywhere in the world.
CAF Canada (Charities Aid Foundation of Canada) is a registered Canadian charity working to expand the culture of giving by making it easy, reliable and effective for Canadians to give both internationally and domestically. Our mission is to help donors make strategic and focused philanthropic decisions which have a lasting, positive impact on the individuals and communities they support – throughout the world.
Partner with a proven global leader.
CAF Canada is based on the recognized success of the original CAF office, CAF UK, which was founded in 1924. Today the CAF Global Alliance includes nine offices on six continents, featuring powerful partnerships with individuals, families, foundations and companies. As a member of the CAF Global Alliance, CAF Canada offers donors access to and support from respected advisers and international experts. We are the only organization of its kind that supports such a wide variety of charitable projects in so many countries
What we fund
CAF Canada’s approved areas of charitable activity, known as objects, allow us to fund projects in the following areas:
- To relieve poverty and advance education in developing countries by providing educational programs and workshops to underprivileged persons;
- To relieve poverty and advance health care in developing countries by providing basic amenities, including food, clothing, shelter, pharmaceuticals, medical care and other basic supplies to persons in need;
- To advance the education of students by providing books, equipment and educational aids and by establishing and operating schools and libraries;
- To gift funds to qualified donees as defined in subsection 149.1(1) of the Income Tax Act;
- To promote the welfare of animals for the benefit of the public by providing assistance, protection, rescue or rehabilitation to animals in need of human assistance;
- To promote public health through the provision of medical services and medical supplies to the public;
- To advance education and knowledge through conducting medical research and publicly disseminating the results of any such studies and undertakings;
- To protect the environment for the benefit of the public by reducing pollution, conserving or restoring ecosystems and biodiversity and saving, supporting, protecting, or assisting stressed or endangered forms of life (including plant and animal life);
- To advance education by providing the general public with courses, seminars, public art exhibitions and workshops in the field of music, dance, literature, performing and visual arts;
- To uphold human rights around the world, in accordance with the United Nations human rights covenants, conventions and protocols, International Labour Organization conventions, and the Geneva Conventions and protocols, through the following activities:
- Preparing and disseminating reports on issues related to human rights;
- Holding workshops, conferences and seminars on human rights that are open to the public; and;
- Providing aid and assistance to victims of human rights abuses.
CAF Canada – a safe platform for global giving
CAF Canada fully complies with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations, permitting us to provide Canadian donors with a charitable tax receipt for approved projects. CAF Canada is dedicated to Canadian laws, ethics and standards, reflecting our commitment to integrity and trust.
Contact Charities Aid Foundation of Canada
401 Bay Street Suite 1600 Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
100 Park Royal South, Suite 200, West Vancouver, B.C. V7T 1A2