Canada Giving 2017
We are delighted to launch the Canada Giving 2017 report, looking at how individuals give across Canada.
The Canada Giving 2017 report provides unique insight into how people give, their motivations and which causes they support.
Key findings include:
- Almost two thirds (64%) of Canadians report giving money in the past 12 months, either by giving money to a charity, by giving to a church/religious organisation, or by sponsoring someone.
- Supporting children is the most popular cause for Canadians to have donated to (30%).
- The median amount donated or sponsored in the last year is C$104.
- Men gave higher amounts over the last year, as did older Canadians.
- Giving online with a credit/bank card is the most popular method of donation (34%).
- Nearly a third of Canadians (31%) have volunteered in the last year, with religious organisations the most popular cause (25%).
- Younger Canadians are the group most likely to be persuaded to donate more money, goods or time in the next 12 months, and could be encouraged with knowing more about the organisation and having better access to ways of giving.